Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 10th, 2016 08:00

P2213 No Power Save Mode

The Dell P2213 is connected to a Dell OptiPlex 9020 via DisplayPort, and to a discreet video card. When the monitor and PC go into power save mode the P2213 wakes up a few seconds later and displays the message listed below, and then goes into power save mode anew - rinse and repeat into infinitum. 

I would prefer the monitor go into sleep mode, and stay that way until I wake it and not continuously power itself on and off. 

I have a two other Dell monitors connected to the OptiPlex (connected via DisplayPort to the embedded Intel chip) and they do not have this issue. I’ve used the P2213 with other Dells and a Mac mini, and the issue is the same across them all.

Here is the P2213’s message that it flashes on its screen right before it powers down, only to return a few seconds later when it powers up:

“There is no signal coming from your computer. Please any key on the keyboard or move the mouse to wake it up. If there is no display, please the monitor button now to select the correct input source on the On-Screen-Display menu.”

• What is the 20 digit alpha-numeric monitor serial number? CN-0FJ44J-74445-4AM-941S
    • What specific computer model? P2213
    • What operating system? Windows 10
    • What video card? AMD Radeon R5 240
    • Video card driver version? 15.201.1151.1008
    • What video out ports are available on the video card? DVI and DisplayPort
    • What video out port are you using from the video card to what video in port on the monitor? DisplayPort
    • What cable are you using to attach the video card to the monitor? DisplayPort
    • What windows power plan? Example = High performance, PCI-e Link State Off: High Performance
    • Press the monitor Menu button to open the monitor OSD (On Screen Display). The bottom of that screen should show a resolution. What is listed? 1050 x 1680 (90 rotation)
    • Was the monitor purchased from Dell or some reseller? Reseller, Amazon.com

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 17th, 2016 11:00

A new exchange is only granted inside the first 30 days from the purchase date. You would have to send a copy of the Amazon receipt showing the purchase date to Support. Read through this.

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 10th, 2016 11:00

Built on October 22, 2014, almost two years old.

While connected via the DP, put the P2213 back into normal landscape mode, then set the resolution to the default 1680x1050 60Hz. Does the issue still happen?

Disconnect the DP cable from both the P2213 and the AMD Radeon R5 240. Connect them using the supplied DVI cable. Does the issue still happen?

4 Posts

August 11th, 2016 10:00

Hi Chris - Issue remains. Could you please confirm that the P2213 has the ability to even go into full power-save mode, and post back here with your findings?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 11th, 2016 16:00

Yes it should. You should see the image below, then it will go dark until you wake up the computer.

One final test, disconnect the P2213 USB upstream cable from the computer and retest. If still no go, you can get an exchange if still inside the 3 year warranty period.

4 Posts

August 16th, 2016 09:00

Chris - Issue remains. Your test did lead to something new: I now see the "Entering Power Save Mode." notice, but the monitor then goes into its same routine of powering on/off and showing the reported message above.

Is my only option exchanging the monitor? Are we sure the P2213 has the ability to stay in Power Save Mode? If not, does Dell think it's deteriorating the monitor hardware by allowing it to continually power on/off when the PC is sleeping?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

August 16th, 2016 12:00

That is the only option I know. Yes. Doubtful.

4 Posts

August 17th, 2016 07:00

Chris - Thank you. What's the best way for me to inquire of Dell and see if the monitor is eligible for exchange for a new one as opposed to refurbished?

No Events found!